Sunday, October 6, 2013

Day 6

Before I get to today's activities, I want to let you know that next weekend I'll be participating in the Triangle Run/Walk for Autism. I'll be running in a 5k race (which I always forget to train for), and this will be the only time during this project where I'll ask for donations. In fact, for every donation received, I will extend this project by one day.
Thank you in advance.

Today I helped raise money for my son's Cub Scout Pack. We spent three hours outside of a local hardware chain politely asking people to buy overpriced popcorn. I say "we" but really I let my son do most of the work. He's a much better salesman than I am. His polite, soft-spoken approach an shaggy hair and adorable uniform won him more than a few sales and donations. I was very proud of him for stepping out of his comfort zone and trying his best. And people kept coming up to me and telling me how nice he was, or how they weren't going to buy anything but after talking to him they couldn't resist.

After we were done we stuck around and loaded all the remaining popcorn into another leader's vehicle, took down and packed up the canopy, along with the table, chairs, signs, etc.

Of course now my son's within $50 of a big sales goal that comes with a cool reward for him, so I suspect I'm going to have to find somewhere to take him door-to-door to give him a shot at it. (I said I wouldn't ask for any more monetary contributions, but if by chance you'd be interested in some Cub Scout popcorn, let us know...)

--




No comments:

Post a Comment